Need help to generate critical report

Nick

Hi,

I need to compare 2 tab demilited files. The row order might differ.
So my plan is to convert them into some objects and then compare the
two objects.

Any better suggestion. And how do I extract the records from the tab
de milited file using Java

Please help !

Cheers
Nick

RedGrittyBrick

Nick said:
I need to compare 2 tab demilited files. The row order might differ.
So my plan is to convert them into some objects and then compare the
two objects.

Any better suggestion.

On Unix/Linux etc
sort file1 > file1.sorted
sort file2 > file2.sorted
diff file1.sorted file2.sorted
And how do I extract the records from the tab
de milited file using Java

<nitpick>
You mean "delimited" as in a marker at each end. However It may be that
your file has values that are tab separated rather than tab delimited.
</nitpick>

The following may be useful.
FileReader.read()
String.split()