need help understanding directory path tree structures

Ragnorack67

{DIR1}
{DIR1A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR3C}
{DIR2}
{DIR2A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR2C} (path ../../../ to get to files in DIR1 > DIR3C)??

I've been pulling my hair (and beard) out trying to understand this.
If I want to reference a file stored in sub-directory DIR3C, inside
parent directory DIR1 in this example --- from a different parent
directory/sub-directory..... what is the correct syntax of ./../..'s
needed to get there?

Sincerely,

ALEX

Toby Inkster

Ragnorack67 said:
{DIR1}
{DIR1A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR3C}
{DIR2}
{DIR2A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR2C} (path ../../../ to get to files in DIR1 > DIR3C)??

.../../DIR1/DIR3C/

Hywel Jenkins

{DIR1}
{DIR1A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR3C}
{DIR2}
{DIR2A}
{DIR2B}
{DIR2C} (path ../../../ to get to files in DIR1 > DIR3C)??

I've been pulling my hair (and beard) out trying to understand this.
If I want to reference a file stored in sub-directory DIR3C, inside
parent directory DIR1 in this example --- from a different parent
directory/sub-directory..... what is the correct syntax of ./../..'s
needed to get there?

.../../DIR1/DIR3C