NEED HELP W/ ENABLE/DISABLE CHECKBOXES AND TEXTBOXES

HolaGoogle

Hi all,
Can you please tell me what's wrong with my code??? i do have this
database in wich i have to field.One is a "yes/no" field and another
one is "number" field. To display the yes/no field in my asp form i
use a checkbox and fot he other field i use a normal text box. if the
yes/no field is checked then the other field is enabled otherwise it
has to be disabled.Here's what i've done so far:

Do While Not ObjRS.EOF
ObjRS("chkbox") = TRUE
THEN %> CHECKED onclick="ChkBoxChecked()<% END IF %>
<%if (ObjRS("chkbox"))Then %>//if the yes/no field value is yes
enable textbox
<input type="text"name="FieldToEnabe"value=<%=ObjRS("EnableField")%>>
<%ELSE%>//else if the value field is no. disable text box but if the
user
//clicks enables the checkbox then enable the textbox too.
<input type="text" disabled name="FieldToEnabe"value=<%=ObjRS
("EnableField")%>
<%End if%>
ObjRS.MoveNext

function ChkBoxChecked()//this method is used when the user
enable/disable the
//checkbox, if it's enabled then the txtbox is enabled too.
{
if(document.Myform.ChkboxName.checked==true)
{
document.Myform.FieldToEnabe.disabled=true;
}
else
{
document.Myform.FieldToEnabe.disabled=false;

this obviously doesn't work. So...can someone tell me what i'm doing
wrong please??
thaks a lot!

Ray at

Hi HolaGoogle,

The first thing that you'll have to do is straighten out your HTML issues.
You have missing quotes, spaces, and >'s. For example:

<input type="checkbox" name="ChkboxName"value=1 <%IF ObjRS("chkbox") = TRUE
THEN %> CHECKED onclick="ChkBoxChecked()<% END IF %>

Strip out the asp, and this will look like:

<input type="checkbox" name="ChkboxName"value=1 CHECKED
onclick="ChkBoxChecked()

It should look like:

<input type="checkbox" name="ChkboxName" value=1 CHECKED
onclick="ChkBoxChecked();">

After you get that worked out, try CBooling your recordset values, i.e.

<% If CBool(ObjRS.Fields.Item("chkbox").Value) Then %>

Also, get rid of those // comments. If you want to put comments in, either
use vbscript comments (<% 'comment %>) or html comments <!-- comment
here -->

Ray at work

HolaGoogle

Hey Ray,
Thansk for your answer..i'm sorry i didn't realize that my posted was
answered ;-)) i just opened my post and didn't see any answer so i
reposted it once again...sorry.. and thanks for your quick answer....
Ok, let me try what you're suggesting and i'll let you know.....OH!
the
comments are not in my asp form ..so, don't worry !! i would never do
something like that ;-) it was just meant to explain what i was trying
to do ...

Thanks!