    I'm trying to use the TYPE=SQUARE attribute in a bulleted list but when I
    browse the page with IE5.5 it shows the items with a circular bullet.

    Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the squares?
    Eric Fields, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Eric Fields

    Chet Guest

    "Eric Fields" <> wrote in message
    news:a6d_b.35837$-kc.rr.com...
    | I'm trying to use the TYPE=SQUARE attribute in a bulleted list
    but when I
    | browse the page with IE5.5 it shows the items with a circular
    bullet.

    | Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the
    squares?

    In your css are you using

    {list-style-type:square;}

    hth
    --
    Chet
    (remove NO.....SPAM)
    Chet, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Eric Fields <> wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the squares?

    <ul style="list-style-type: square;">
    <li>This item has a square next to it</li>
    </ul>
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com
    Michael Wilcox, Feb 23, 2004
  4. "Michael Wilcox" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Eric Fields <> wrote:
    > > Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the squares?

    > <ul style="list-style-type: square;">
    > <li>This item has a square next to it</li>
    > </ul>

    What about
    list-style-type:square; (without =" ") ?

    Best regards
    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    http://www.italymap.dk
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero <> wrote:
    >> <ul style="list-style-type: square;">
    >> <li>This item has a square next to it</li>
    >> </ul>

    > What about
    > list-style-type:square; (without =" ") ?

    The quotes are required because the data of the style attribute has a space
    in it (or because the author is using HTML 4.01 strict or XHTML).
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com
    Michael Wilcox, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Quoth the raven named Eric Fields:

    > I'm trying to use the TYPE=SQUARE attribute in a bulleted list but when I
    > browse the page with IE5.5 it shows the items with a circular bullet.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the squares?

    "list-style-type: square" ?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 23, 2004
  7. Michael Wilcox wrote:
    > The quotes are required because the data of the style attribute has a space
    > in it (or because the author is using HTML 4.01 strict or XHTML).

    HTML 4.01 strict doesn't require quotes around attributes any more so
    than HTML 4.01 transitional.
    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 23, 2004
  8. Eric Fields

    Limelight Guest

    > I'm trying to use the TYPE=SQUARE attribute in a bulleted list but when I
    > browse the page with IE5.5 it shows the items with a circular bullet.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get my browser to display the squares?

    Don't know if this is the case, but I find if the type size is small, it
    appears as a circle. If it is larger, it appears as a square - or whatever
    other attribute you chose.
    Limelight, Feb 23, 2004
  9. Eric Fields

    Eric Fields Guest

    Thank you everyone for responding. I have found the answer to my problem
    among your responses.

    Eric Fields, Feb 23, 2004
  10. "Limelight" <> wrote:

    > Don't know if this is the case, but I find if the type size is
    > small, it appears as a circle. If it is larger, it appears as a
    > square - or whatever other attribute you chose.

    Strangely enough, on my IE 6 on Win98, plain <ul> creates a rectangular
    marker if I set font size to "smaller" in browser settings; for other
    directly selectable sizes, it's a bullet as expected. If I set the font
    size using font-size in CSS, the markers keep their size, somewhat
    oddly (though we can argue that they aren't part of the font).

    On IE 6 on WinXP, <ul> creates a bullet in "smaller" size too. It seems
    that IE is getting rid of its bugs and deficiencies in list marker
    display.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 24, 2004