Need help with JavaMail Applet

John Taylor

My JavaMail Applet is simply not working. I am upgrading my applet's
code from a very old api. My applet worked very well with this,
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/people/Phd/Ian/ndc, but this code has not
been updated since 1996. The mail server resides on the web server,
so this is not the problem. I would *guess* the problem has something
to do with applet signing or signed code, but I do not understand how
this works and am really not sure what the heck is wrong.

I am using Java 1.4.1_02 on both client & server.
JavaMail 1.31
Activation 1.02

My applet is server from a Linux box running apache. The client is
Windows XP. I get the same errors with IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.4.

Here is the error I get, this is a copy of the Java Applet window at
debug level 5:

Connecting to http://192.168.254.9/mm2/imsg.class with no proxy
Loaded Root CA certificates from
C:\PROGRA~1\Java\J2RE14~1.1_0\lib\security\cacets
Settings\john\java\jpicerts141_02
Loaded JPI certificates from c:\Documents and
Settings\john\java\jpicerts141_02
Loaded certificates from JPI session certificate store
Checking if certificate is in JPI permanent certificate store
Checking if certificate is in JPI session certificate store
Checking if certificate is in ROOT CA certificate store
Checking if certificate is in ROOT CA certificate store
Checking if certificate is in ROOT CA certificate store

I had to type this in by hand, there my be a typo. Does anyone have
any idea on what the problem would be? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.
John Taylor

Roedy Green

I had to type this in by hand, there my be a typo. Does anyone have
any idea on what the problem would be? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Is the jar signed? What was the error message. I think you left
that off. You just show some sort of stack trace.