Need info on how to test for roles defined in web.config.

Ken Varn

I am using forms based authentication. I would like to be able to determine
if a user has access to a specific web page through some automation method
without having to put specific code in the page to see if it is restricted.

I was looking at the web.config parameters for location element and thought
this would be a good place to start. However, I cannot figure out how to
have the page test to see if the required roles for the location are valid
based on the identity object of the logged on user. Is there some standard
way of doing this?

So far I have authenticated the user, and now want to limit the access of
certain pages based on the defined roles that the user has vs. what the page
allows.

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com

Ken Varn

Never mind... I forgot to put in a Deny Users="*" after the Allow element.

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com