Need some architectural advice for designing a provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DC, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. DC

    DC Guest

    Hi,

    I have designed some data objects that I want to be filled by several
    providers.

    Do these objects typically belong into a seperate project (plus each
    provider is a separate project)?

    The providers do require a number of XML and XSLT files. I guess these
    belong into the webproject so the provider dll can access the files?
    So should I create folders in the webproject like this one:

    /provider1
    /xml
    /xslt

    /provider2
    /xml
    /xslt

    I know these issues are minor but I always have trouble to decide
    where to place what and it makes me feel uncertain. If someone has
    done this before and has some general architectural advise then I
    would also be most thankful.

    Regards
    DC
    DC, Aug 28, 2007

  2. DC

    bruce barker Guest

    does the web project need to edit these files. if not, and they are
    really part of the provider, then I'd make them resources in the
    provider project.

    -- bruce(sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Aug 28, 2007

  3. DC

    DC Guest

    On 28 Aug., 19:02, bruce barker <> wrote:
    > does the web project need to edit these files. if not, and they are
    > really part of the provider, then I'd make them resources in the
    > provider project.
    >
    > -- bruce(sqlwork.com)
    >

    > DC wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I have designed some data objects that I want to be filled by several
    > > providers.

    > > Do these objects typically belong into a seperate project (plus each
    > > provider is a separate project)?

    > > The providers do require a number of XML and XSLT files. I guess these
    > > belong into the webproject so the provider dll can access the files?
    > > So should I create folders in the webproject like this one:

    > > /provider1
    > > /xml
    > > /xslt

    > > /provider2
    > > /xml
    > > /xslt

    > > I know these issues are minor but I always have trouble to decide
    > > where to place what and it makes me feel uncertain. If someone has
    > > done this before and has some general architectural advise then I
    > > would also be most thankful.

    > > Regards
    > > DC- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

    > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

    Thank you Bruce, good point, the web project does not have to edit the
    files. The files are rather integral parts of the provider. I never
    used ressource files, I thought they are are about
    internationalization and stuff but I will look at that now.

    Regards
    DC
    DC, Aug 29, 2007