Need static pages for my site

Ardin

I know via mod rewrite you can mimi static pages, but how does one do this
for ASP?

Before I go crazy modifying my code to generate a static page for all of our
products (1000's of html pages) and new ones for SEO purposes, I want to
make sure there is no other way to do this?

Currently I load my detail pages this way:
/index.asp?productcode=444

etc.

Thanks in advance
Ardin

Jeff Cochran

I know via mod rewrite you can mimi static pages, but how does one do this
for ASP?

Before I go crazy modifying my code to generate a static page for all of our
products (1000's of html pages) and new ones for SEO purposes, I want to
make sure there is no other way to do this?

Currently I load my detail pages this way:
/index.asp?productcode=444

I guess the first question is: Why do you think you need static
pages?

Jeff

Ardin

Jeff Cochran said:
I guess the first question is: Why do you think you need static
pages?

Jeff

I figured for better search engine results.
Is this the case or should I not worry?

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

I figured for better search engine results.
Is this the case or should I not worry?

Spiders may or may not pick up dynamic pages, but most product pages
you probably wouldn't want indexed anyway. Let users find your system
and use your search, make sure you have a few static pages for
categories, manufacturers, etc.

Jeff