    etc.

    Thanks in advance
    Ardin
    Ardin, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Ardin

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:51:41 GMT, "Ardin" <>
    wrote:

    >I know via mod rewrite you can mimi static pages, but how does one do this
    >for ASP?
    >
    >Before I go crazy modifying my code to generate a static page for all of our
    >products (1000's of html pages) and new ones for SEO purposes, I want to
    >make sure there is no other way to do this?
    >
    >Currently I load my detail pages this way:
    >/index.asp?productcode=444

    I guess the first question is: Why do you think you need static
    pages?

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Ardin

    Ardin Guest

    "Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:51:41 GMT, "Ardin" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I know via mod rewrite you can mimi static pages, but how does one do

    this
    > >for ASP?
    > >
    > >Before I go crazy modifying my code to generate a static page for all of

    our
    > >products (1000's of html pages) and new ones for SEO purposes, I want to
    > >make sure there is no other way to do this?
    > >
    > >Currently I load my detail pages this way:
    > >/index.asp?productcode=444

    > I guess the first question is: Why do you think you need static
    > pages?
    >
    > Jeff

    I figured for better search engine results.
    Is this the case or should I not worry?

    Thanks
    Ardin, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Ardin

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:59:47 GMT, "Ardin" <>
    wrote:

    >"Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:51:41 GMT, "Ardin" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I know via mod rewrite you can mimi static pages, but how does one do

    >this
    >> >for ASP?
    >> >
    >> >Before I go crazy modifying my code to generate a static page for all of

    >our
    >> >products (1000's of html pages) and new ones for SEO purposes, I want to
    >> >make sure there is no other way to do this?
    >> >
    >> >Currently I load my detail pages this way:
    >> >/index.asp?productcode=444

    >> I guess the first question is: Why do you think you need static
    >> pages?

    >I figured for better search engine results.
    >Is this the case or should I not worry?

    Spiders may or may not pick up dynamic pages, but most product pages
    you probably wouldn't want indexed anyway. Let users find your system
    and use your search, make sure you have a few static pages for
    categories, manufacturers, etc.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 14, 2004