how to make dynamic ASP pages more readable?

Danny

How do you guys make listings such as product listings and their detail
pages more crawler friendly, if they are genrated using dynamic asp pages.
If your ASP uses a format like this: www.mysite.com/products.asp?idnum=3444
to display detail pages, how can I apply SEO to this format??

I know unix hosts use the mod rewrite, but I do not have access to the
server settings etc.
BUt I can access a database etc.

What are your thoughts?

Danny

Steven Burn

1. Try having atleast some static links on your site.
2. Configure your server to use "/" for the querystring, instead of the
typical "?"
3. Submit each dynamic link to the search engine individually (I know, I
know)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Danny

Thanks for your response.
How do you use the /, can you give an example?

Also, how about I generate a static html page for each dynamic page. These
pages will just sit on the server and not be linked from anything, is this
ok or should I have a link to it somewhere.

Thakns