    other means to tell the buttnav layer to move down when a layer
    appears, so that it always remains visible?

    Thank you in advance, crispy
    crispy, Nov 28, 2003

  2. crispy

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    crispy <> wrote in news::

    > On this page:
    > http://www.saneplanet.com/clients/nomadic/draft/legacy.htm
    >
    > I have a bottom navigation layer called "buttnav" that sits o nthe
    > bottom of the page.
    >
    > But when any of the links under the images are clicked, large layers
    > appear that cover the buttnav layer. Is there a way to use CSS or
    > other means to tell the buttnav layer to move down when a layer
    > appears, so that it always remains visible?

    The specific problem I see (using MSIE6/Win and Opera 7.22/Win) is that
    sometimes there's a "ghost" of the previous descriptive text. I suspect
    the problem is in your Javascript, but upon viewing source I saw that your
    code congealed into a big blob that I didn't feel like trying to read.
    Some formating of the code for readability would help.

    I note that the navigation for the links under the images is Javascript-
    dependent, which is a Bad Thing; you need to provide some sort of fallback
    if Javascript is disabled (e.g. having the links go to a descriptive page).
    Eric Bohlman, Nov 28, 2003

  3. crispy

    rf Guest

    <crispy> wrote in message news:...
    > On this page:
    > http://www.saneplanet.com/clients/nomadic/draft/legacy.htm
    >
    > I have a bottom navigation layer called "buttnav" that sits o nthe
    > bottom of the page.
    >
    > But when any of the links under the images are clicked, large layers

    Layers? You mean absolutely positioned divs surely.

    > appear that cover the buttnav layer. Is there a way to use CSS or
    > other means to tell the buttnav layer to move down when a layer
    > appears, so that it always remains visible?

    No. Not with all that absolutely positioned stuff. You would have to do it
    yourself, that is when you make a layer visible move the navbar to the
    correct position, which will not work because you don't know how long your
    newly visible div is because you don't know how big your viewers font is.

    Put the nave bar at the top?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 28, 2003