Need to read shared directories on remote PC

google khan

Hi,
i just want to read the shared directories on PCs those are in my
network. e.g. In windows anyone can set any directory/file as shared.
and anyone who can access that domain, can see which all directories
are shared by the user of that machine.
I want to access those shared directories using JAVA.
can any body tells me how to get the info about those shared
directories?

thanks in advance,

John B. Matthews

google khan said:
just want to read the shared directories on PCs those are in my
network. e.g. In windows anyone can set any directory/file as shared.
and anyone who can access that domain, can see which all directories
are shared by the user of that machine. I want to access those shared
directories using [Java]. can anybody tell me how to get the info
about those shared directories?

You can use File on any mounted file system:

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/File.html>

Here's a simple example that recursively lists all files on the path
specified on the command line, or your current directory by default:

<code>
public class ListDir {

File root;
if (args.length > 0) root = new File(args[0]);
else root = new File(System.getProperty("user.dir"));
ls(root);
}

/** iterate recursively */
private static void ls(File f) {