    hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
    Tomcat running again.

    Thanks in Advance
    adamR, Jul 14, 2004

  2. adamR

    Bryce Guest

    On 14 Jul 2004 13:16:14 -0700, (adamR) wrote:

    >I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
    >belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
    >I am getting the error:
    >org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
    >SEVERE: End event threw exception
    >etc etc
    >
    >I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
    >hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
    >Tomcat running again.

    You know you can download Tomcat at any time from

    jakarta.apache.org
    ??

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Jul 14, 2004

  3. adamR

    adamR Guest

    Bryce <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 14 Jul 2004 13:16:14 -0700, (adamR) wrote:
    >
    > >I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
    > >belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
    > >I am getting the error:
    > >org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
    > >SEVERE: End event threw exception
    > >etc etc
    > >
    > >I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
    > >hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
    > >Tomcat running again.

    > You know you can download Tomcat at any time from
    >
    > jakarta.apache.org
    > ??

    Brilliant! Thanks for the help.
    adamR, Jul 15, 2004
  4. adamR

    Liz Guest

    My old officemate would say to use your backup.

    Liz, Jul 16, 2004
  5. adamR

    Juha Laiho Guest

    "Liz" <> said:

    >My old officemate would say to use your backup.

    Hmm.. backup wouldn't be the correct tool for this (though it'd do the work
    as well). Instead, a change/configuration/version management system should
    do. So, backup should be limited to recovering from unexpectable failures;
    it shouldn't be used as version control/configuration history system.

    The minimum safety belt would be to manually make backup copies just before
    starting to edit.
    --
    Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland
    Juha Laiho, Jul 16, 2004