Nested Master Page at Runtime

shapper

Hello,

I am using ASP.NET 3.5 and VS 2008 to create 2 level Nested Master
pages.
I am adding the controls and the content place holders at runtime.

However now my child pages do not recognize the master pages content
place holders.
How can I solve this?

Thanks,
Miguel

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you mean they do not understand the master page highest in the hierarchy,
that is by design. You can only implement at the level just above where you
are at.

The reason for nesting is to allow a single page at top, with multiple
masters below (each filling the content tags in their own way) and then any
number of pages implementing each secondary master, and filling the content
regions from their direct parent.

If you look underneath the hood, it is actually flipped, as a master page is
essentially a user control slapped on a page. It is handled differently, at
least from appearance, but the way it is walked is from page through master
to another master, etc., as if they were sitting on the page and not vise
versa.