Nested subroutines

joe

Hello:

I am using IIS 5.0, ASP and VBScript. I am puzzled by recurrences of errors
when I nest subroutines, and I'd like to know if there are rules for that
which I don't know. Would functions work better instead? I am not much of a
coder, so forgive my ignorance.

Ken Schaefer

What errors are you talking about?
What do you mean by "nesting subroutines"?

Cheers
Ken

--
Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

: Hello:
:
: I am using IIS 5.0, ASP and VBScript. I am puzzled by recurrences of
errors
: when I nest subroutines, and I'd like to know if there are rules for that
: which I don't know. Would functions work better instead? I am not much of
: coder, so forgive my ignorance.
:
:
:

Kristofer Gafvert

Hello,

You cannot have a subrutine in another one. But you can call another
subrutine from another subrutine.

What errors do you see? Maybe if you can post the code somewhere, or
include it here, we could help you with the code, because i think that the
code is the problem.

joe

"Kristofer Gafvert" wrote
What errors do you see? Maybe if you can post the code somewhere, or
include it here, we could help you with the code, because i think that the
code is the problem.

Yes, it was. There was a missing "End If" somewhere, that IIS reported as an
error
in a subroutine somewhere else in the chain (which spanned several
includes). It was a bit
hard to figure out where the error was, but eventually I did.

Thanks for the replies :)