Net::Daemon install problem.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Dave Saville, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Hi

    I know this is not the forum for DBI, stuff but I have had no luck on
    the DBI mail list and the problem is not actually DBI. I am trying to
    install DBI on OS/2 with perl 5.8.0. Having lots of fun :)

    I am using perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::DBI"

    First off it tries to replace StorabQB.dll but cannot as it is in use
    - Fixed that by manually running make install outside of perl.

    Now I have a problem with Net::Daemon - from the log:

    Removing previously used /usr/lib/perl/CPAN/build/Net-Daemon-0.38

    CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JW/JWIED/Net-Daemon-0.38.tar.gz

    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for Net::Daemon
    cp lib/Net/Daemon/Test.pm blib/lib/Net/Daemon/Test.pm
    cp lib/Net/Daemon/Log.pm blib/lib/Net/Daemon/Log.pm
    cp lib/Net/Daemon.pm blib/lib/Net/Daemon.pm
    Manifying blib/man3/Net.Daemon.Test.3
    Manifying blib/man3/Net.Daemon.3
    Manifying blib/man3/Net.Daemon.Log.3
    D:/USR/BIN/make.exe -- OK
    Running make test
    D:/USR/BIN/PERL.EXE "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0,
    'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
    t/base..........ok
    t/config........ok 1/5
    Process terminated by SIGTERM
    t/config........ok 2/5
    Process terminated by SIGTERM
    t/config........ok 4/5
    Process terminated by SIGTERM
    t/config........ok 5/5

    It has been sitting at this point for at least half an hour. Can
    anyone please tell me what is going on? I find test scripts very hard
    to see what exactly is happening. The SIGTERM's seem to be automatic
    from somewhere. Certanly not from the keyboard.

    TIA

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    NB switch saville for nospam in address