.net equivalent of winscrypt

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by ceh, Jan 16, 2010.

  1. ceh

    ceh Guest

    Hi, I have to encrypt something on windows.
    The encrypter will be a web page, likely aspx
    The decrypter will likely be a c++ win32 app
    Is there a direct mapping between the .net encryption stuff and
    windows api?

    Eg
    System.Security.Cryptography.*Decrypt* == CryptDecryptMessage() ?

    I'd imagine I'd have to do this as follows
    Create an encryption lib in win32
    Wrap it with COM
    Use it on the web page to encrypt data
    Use the same lib from the native side to decrypt it.

    But I'm hoping I can just find the right .net class to do this and
    avoid having the com layer.
    Is this possible?

    Please don't read too much into this caveat wise. I just want to get
    pointed in the right direction.

    Thanks.

    ceh, Jan 16, 2010

  2. ceh