.NET help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ravindra Garikapati, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Hi all,
    It would be very much helpful to me if you post or email an answer to
    the following question.

    Here is the requirement and I need an approach with regards to this.

    I have java web services which exposes certain APIs. These services
    are running on APACHE AXIS 1.1. We need to build a .NET component as a
    middle layer which communicates with these web services. This .NET
    commponent should be used in VC++ 6.0 applications.

    The approach we followed in this case was
    1. Depoly the Java web service.
    2. Create class library in .NET which communicates with the web
    service.
    Output is the DLL.
    3. Use regasm.exe to register and create the type library [ tlb ].
    4. Import the type library into VC++ application.

    This works in case .NET framework is installed on the client machine.
    I have got 5000 machines on which this VC++ application will be
    running on.
    I do not want to install .NET framework on each and every client
    machine.

    Please reply back or mail me in case you have different approach or go
    away with installation of .NET framework on client machines.

    Regards,
    Ravindra

    Ravindra Garikapati, Oct 21, 2003