Net::HTTP::Proxy Access Denied (authentication_failed)

zak

Hi,

two pc's show different behavior, although they are under the same
domain in a company network:

require 'net/http'

Net::HTTP::proxy('<proxy-address-here>', 8080).start('www.google.com')
{ |http|
puts http.get('/search?q=ruby')
}

This code displays google's page content as expected on my computer,
while on a colleague's pc "Access Denied (authentication_failed) Your
credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.".
You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be
verified.
This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but
could also be caused by network problems."
appears.
Any idea how this comes?

thanks!

Robert Klemme

two pc's show different behavior, although they are under the same
domain in a company network:

require 'net/http'

Net::HTTP::proxy('<proxy-address-here>', 8080).start('www.google.com')
{ |http|
puts http.get('/search?q=ruby')
}

This code displays google's page content as expected on my computer,
while on a colleague's pc "Access Denied (authentication_failed) Your
credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.".
You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be
verified.
This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but
could also be caused by network problems."
appears.
Any idea how this comes?

Difficult without knowing your installation. There might even be a
configuration telling the proxy to not check credentials when connected
from your IP while other IPs require authentication.

Kind regards

robert