.NET IsNumeric function

Guest

Hello All:

Does anyone know how someone would check for a numeric value in .NET? In
VB6, we used IsNumeric. What's the .NET equivalent?

BTW, I know that I can harken back to IsNumeric. I'm trying to purge any
trace of VB6 from my code.

TIA,

Guest

Thanks.
--
Joe

brians said:
Hello Joe - do a search on this group for IsNumeric and you'll find an
enlightening thread from 1/15/2006. Essentially, the thread boils down to the
TryParse() method.

Guest

Hello Joe - do a search on this group for IsNumeric and you'll find an
enlightening thread from 1/15/2006. Essentially, the thread boils down to the
TryParse() method.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

There is no direct equivalent in the .NET framework, but if you're using
VB.NET, IsNumeric is still a legitimate function that is not obsolete in any
way. So feel free to use it. For that matter, even if you're using C# you
can import the visual basic namespace and use the function that way. Some
things are just better about VB and that's ok.

Guest

Thanks.
--
Joe