.Net Menu controls

Coleen

Hi - I am using .net 2003 vb .net and aspx for a project. I am trying to
build a Menu control for my users - WITHOUT using third party add-ins! I
need to create a menu like you would in JavaScript with the roll-over
dropdowns for pages within a certain category. Can this be done using VB
..net and aspx.net? Are there any tutorials on how to do this? I can use
JavaScript, but we are trying to limit using JavaScript, and I really want
to find a way to do this with VB and aspx! Can anyone help?

TIA,

Coleen

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here are some free menu controls, many of which include the source code so
you can learn how they work.
http://SteveOrr.net/freecontrols/menus.aspx

Warning: If you don't want the controls to use any JavaScript then they
won't be able to be very interactive; they're pretty much just going to sit
there and (hopefully) look good.

Coleen

Thanks Steve :)

Actually all I want the menu to do is have sub-menu capabilities...like the
drop-down menus used in JavaScript, but other than that, they will just be
static.

I know that ASP.Net 2.0 has this capability, it's just convincing upper
management to spend the $80k it will cost to upgrade all of the licenses we
have...

Thanks again for the link - I will check it out :-0

Coleen