.NET Naming Guidelines. Please, need advice.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Sep 28, 2007.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    Where can I find some information on .NET naming conventions?

    For example, controls prefixes, properties, etc?

    And is it normal to name variables with prefixes?

    Dim sName As String

    If not why is so used something like:

    Dim dsNames As Dataset

    Or

    Dim drName As Datarow

    Thanks,

    Miguel
    shapper, Sep 28, 2007

  2. Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/czefa0ke(vs.71).aspx

    HTH,

    Sam

    We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking .NET
    Developers for exciting positions in medical product
    development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
    in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

    Samuel R. Neff, Sep 28, 2007

  3. Miguel-

    The "Framework Design Guidelines: Conventions, Idioms, and Patterns for Reusable
    ..Net Libraries" by Krzysztof Cwalina and Brad Abrams is pretty comprehensive
    regarding distributed libraries and conventions. Brad also posted up the
    internal coding guideines on his blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/articles/361363.aspx.
    It includes sections (2.6 and 2.7) on naming conventions.

    Beyond that, conventions are simply that and vary by designer and design
    shop.

    HTH.

    -dl

    --