.Net webservice and java client little endian/big endian

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pallavi, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. pallavi

    pallavi Guest

    Hello

    I have a .Net webservice and java client. In my .Net webservice I want
    to serialze my object into inline binay data(byte []) inside the soap
    message as follows

    byte[] binaryMessage;
    try{
    MemoryStream objMs = new MemoryStream();
    BinaryFormatter objBF = new BinaryFormatter();
    objBF.Serialize(objMs, ndnt);
    binaryMessage = objMs.GetBuffer();
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    //write to EventLog
    throw(ex);

    proxy.sendData(binaryMessage);
    }

    Now in .Net byte[] serialization is in little-endian format.

    My client being java - the java VM byte format is big endian. So I am
    thinking if I try to deserialize the object in the java client I might
    get incorrect results. Is my assumption correct?

    Also is there a way in .Net to serialize the object in big-endian
    format.

    pallavi

    pallavi, Apr 5, 2004