netbeans 5.0 + extra modules doesn't work

Disturbed

Hi there,

I have a little project going on here , I'm making a java mp3 player.
The code needs javax.media, so I installed java media framework, which
should contain javax.media.
This didn't work, the same errors were occuring (javax.media not found).
I had this problem in linux so I tried getting my source to work in
windows, without any luck (again the missing lib was the error).
I've seen that netbeans provides some functions to add libs, I can add a
lib in there but again the same error occures.

Can anyone help me getting this to work ?

Thx for the help!

Grtz

Disturbed

Michael Powe

Disturbed> Hi there, I have a little project going on here , I'm
Disturbed> making a java mp3 player. The code needs javax.media,
Disturbed> so I installed java media framework, which should
Disturbed> contain javax.media. This didn't work, the same errors
Disturbed> were occuring (javax.media not found). I had this
Disturbed> problem in linux so I tried getting my source to work
Disturbed> in windows, without any luck (again the missing lib was
Disturbed> the error). I've seen that netbeans provides some
Disturbed> functions to add libs, I can add a lib in there but
Disturbed> again the same error occures.

Disturbed> Can anyone help me getting this to work ?

If it is a NB problem (can't find the libraries, e.g.) then I suggest
using the NetBeans user mailing list. You can sign up at the NB web
site.

If you added the library to your project (rightclick the project node,
properties, and select the 'libraries' node; then add the jar or
whatever to the compile-time option), then it should work.

a trick I use sometimes when I don't know exactly where something is,
is to start an import line and CTRL-SPACE, then select the options as
they pop up, working my way through the package list. If the package
for which you are looking does not appear in one of those lists, then
your library is not properly set up.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe (e-mail address removed) Naugatuck CT USA
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts