Netscan report for comp.lang.c

in comp.lang.c i read:

[stupid microsoft netscan url elided]

what a boring thing to post. at the very least you might have included
some words, then perhaps it might have been topical. as it stands it's
just a waste.

Chris Torek

[Microsoft "netscan" URL for comp.lang.c]

What does it mean when the second most common thread reported by
Microsoft's "netscan", in the comp.lang.c group, is actually over
in alt.lang.asm?

Default User

those said:
in comp.lang.c i read:

[stupid microsoft netscan url elided]

what a boring thing to post. at the very least you might have included
some words, then perhaps it might have been topical. as it stands it's
just a waste.

Oh geez, cut the guy a break. These are fun little things, and I'd think
newsgroup stats would be one of those meta-topics that are usually
on=topic.

Brian Rodenborn

Randy Howard

in comp.lang.c i read:

[stupid microsoft netscan url elided]

what a boring thing to post. at the very least you might have included
some words, then perhaps it might have been topical. as it stands it's
just a waste.

Lighten up.

Arthur J. O'Dwyer

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.asp?
timespan=y&searchfor=comp.lang.c&searchdate=11%2F30%2F2003

When I visit that URL, I get a page with some charts on it.
And a list of "longest threads" down below that. The majority
of which are trolls, naturally, so it's not really a resource
per se. The second one was something about assembly language,
but when I clicked on it, it tried to do something complicated
with Javascript and then crashed the browser. Whee. I'll stick
to Google for my web interface, thanks very much.
(I'm assuming there was no information about C you were meaning
to convey with that URL. I didn't see any on the site.)

-Arthur