New Fix for web.config admin problem

S. Justin Gengo

A while ago I submitted a bug report for a problem that occurrs when using
the admin tool. There is now a "permanent" fix available I thought I'd
share. First the problem was:

After running the Website - ASP.NET Configuration utility a xmlns
attribute is added to the
Web.config file. This attribute stops intellisense from
working.
Edited by Microsoft on 2005-11-08 at 03:58:05

Thank you for your feedback. We are investigating this issue.

Thank you, VS2005 Product Team.
Edited by Microsoft on 2005-11-30 at 17:58:14

This issue has been reactivated as we begin planning for the next
version of Visual Studio and the .NET Framework.
Over the coming months we will reconsider feedback that was
previously postponed.
We welcome your comments and participation in this process.
See
http://blogs.msdn.com/productfeedback/archive/2005/10/21/483563.aspx for
more information.

Thanks,
The Web Platform and Tools Team

Steps to Reproduce: Create a new website with a web.config file.
It's created without the xmlns
attribute.

And here's the new solution:

Workaround Description:
It is possible to correct this problem modifing source of
configuration tool that can be found in
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles

Workaround Steps:
Change in WebAdminPage.cs file, located in
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\App_Code
directory, the line (number 93):

config.NamespaceDeclared = true;

with

config.NamespaceDeclared = false;