new on mozilla

Mr. x

Hello,
I generally use the IE (version 6.0).
I would like some opinions on mozilla browser, please.
I have heard that it is good for validating my code (javascript etc.), when
IE doesn't.
I would like some link about Mozilla browser, please.

Thanks :)

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Mr. x said:
I generally use the IE (version 6.0).
I would like some opinions on mozilla browser, please.

Good, solid browser. Very good standards support, as opposed to IE.
I have heard that it is good for validating my code (javascript
etc.), when IE doesn't.

Hardly, it is not a validator. I would use a real validator for that,
if one existed.

It is a good test, though. If your code is too IE-specific, it will
break noticably in Mozilla. Mozilla also has usable error messages
(open the javascript console), as opposed to IE. I usually test
my code in both IE, Mozilla and Opera.
I would like some link about Mozilla browser, please.

<URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>
Some documentation about writing code for Mozilla:
<URL:http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/>

/L

Charles

I prefer IE, but Firebird is a good browser, try also Opera, it's pretty good (latest version is
great).

--
Charles.

"Mr. x" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem | Hello,
| I generally use the IE (version 6.0).
| I would like some opinions on mozilla browser, please.
| I have heard that it is good for validating my code (javascript etc.), when
| IE doesn't.
| I would like some link about Mozilla browser, please.
|
| Thanks :)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Charles said:
I prefer IE, but Firebird is a good browser, [...]

[_] You know that Mozilla Firebird (which is the correct name for it) is
an XUL rewrite of the Navigator part of earlier versions of Mozilla/5.0.
[Top post]

[_] You know how to quote.

PointedEars