New Pythin user looking foe some good examples to study

Johnny Garcia

I have just discovered Python and am familiarizing myself with the syntax
but I have always found that code examples where the best way for me to
learn.

Can anyone point me to a site with some good open source functioning python
applications?

I would appreciate any help.

Also, does anyone know of any good Linux or python user groups in the orange
county, California area?

GHUM

Johnny,

look no further than your harddrive.

The Python Standard Lib is full of code examples of Python programming
for various uses.

Just find where your packagemanager has installed them; within windows
it is usually

python24/lib
or
python25/lib

I suspect them to be below usr/lib on linux.

best wishes,

Harald

Matimus

I agree, the standard libraries are a good place to start. I learned a
lot by looking at them, plus it has the added bonus that you learn the
standard libraries.
I suspect them to be below usr/lib on linux.

/usr/lib/python2.4
/usr/lib/python2.5

On Debian/Ubuntu anyway.

Larry Bates

Johnny said:
I have just discovered Python and am familiarizing myself with the syntax
but I have always found that code examples where the best way for me to
learn.

Can anyone point me to a site with some good open source functioning python
applications?

I would appreciate any help.

Also, does anyone know of any good Linux or python user groups in the orange
county, California area?
Pick up a copy of "Python Cookbook" from O'Reilly.

-Larry