new to ActiveX

Discussion in 'C++' started by SunScreen, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. SunScreen

    SunScreen Guest

    Hi,

    I started learning ActiveX, initially with MFC. Maybe later I will use
    ATL and/or BaseCtl. I have found some resources in the net. Namely:
    1. http://www.vanwijk.com/-= Bookz =-/Activex Programming With Visual C /default.htm
    an e-book incovenient for someone thatis starting use ActiveX

    2. http://www.thecodeproject.com/com/COM_from_scratch_1.asp
    a very informative article

    My question is:
    1. Are there any ActiveX newsgroups that is for beginners?
    2. Any suggestions for books/e-books about ActiveX, learning from
    scratch?
    3(specific). A more specific book/e-book/newsgroup/site so that I
    can develop a formless ActiveX control that will call API functions?

    My questions are little vague, since started lately learning ActiveX.

    Thanx in Advance,
    Sun

    SunScreen, Nov 29, 2004