New to ASP.NET

SF

I have an default page with one DropdownList that show the category and a
gridview control to list Subject and date of the select category (from DDL).
I have an SQL Database to supply the control with information. The page seem
to work OK except that there is no data (empty) in the page when running.

To be able to enter new data (category), I have create another Page contain
a gridview that link to tblCategory table. Gridview has Allow Edit, Allow
Paging, allow Delete etc.. But there is no Allow Adding New Data. How Can I
creat a Page where user can enter new data?

SF

Guest

hi

did you consider using the formView component

add a button on the top
and on the click add

FormView1.ChangeMode(FormViewMode.Insert);

don't forget to bind the FormView to the relevant select/update/insert/delete
SPs

If my answer helped you please press "Yes" bellow

Adlai Maschiach
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/