new to .net 2005

szRoyman

hi all:

I'm new to .net 2005, and just download the webapplication project
setup file from msdn link , here are my questions:

1) inside the IDE 2005, we can find the "WebSite" instead of the
webapplication project. If Microsoft defined that is the new web
application version to the Web Apps, why so many people wanna find the
Webapplication project model like 2003 IDE?

2) for the download, something different from my IDE and Scott's Blog's
talk.

I drag a Label to my aspx page, and no automatic code add in my
designer.cs file, seems not connected with my designer.cs and aspx
file.. Why???

agapeton

I supposed MS finally realized that Websites are websites, not
"applications". Calling them apps caused peolpe to create garbage by
thinking that you can drag and drop stuff onto a webpage and use
absolute positioning (like VB)...you can't do that. Because of the
VS2003 distaster most programmers today can't even spell CSS. ASP.NET
2.0 is a web standards based system (i.e. don't use HTML--use
XHTML/CSS).

It's a REAL websites in .NET 2.0... and there is no "application crap"
like project files or metadata. Websites are pure and are to obey the
W3C standards rules. Thus they are clean.

When you type in <asp:Label...> (please stop using the designer), you
create something in a partial class. The codebehind actually "merges"
with this page structure (aspx) to create the full page. In .NET 1.1,
one page would basically inherit from the other, meaning they are two
diff pages and you therefore had to declare the Label in the
codebehind. In .NET 2.0, since the pages "merge", when you add it to
the aspx, the codebehind magically knows about it. This is NOTHING
about Visual Studio 2005. This is just the new beautiful design of
..NET 2.0

Gabriel Magaña

It's a REAL websites in .NET 2.0... and there is no "application crap"
like project files or metadata.

Then you better not look at the solution file, and by all means stay away
from the web.config, between the two they contain most of the stuff that
used to reside in the project file. Oh and whatever you do, don't follow
any link to the "Web Application Projects"
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx)
Looking at that site might really piss you off... Specially when the VS
devel team talks about merging the functionality into VS via a future
service pack.
When you type in <asp:Label...> (please stop using the designer)

Hehe! Notepad.exe advocates are funny sometimes...