    How can I do this with NETBEANS ??

    Thanks
    Avraham
    Avraham, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Avraham

    Andy Fish Guest

    most of the netbeans discussion is in comp.language.java.softwaretools

    IIRC you need to make sure you have the documentation mounted as a
    filesystem. then go into the filesystem properties and select the
    capabilities tab and and make sure you have 'use as documentation' set to
    true.

    then the javadoc should start popping up automatically with the
    autocomplete/intellisense feature (control-space if it doesn't pop up
    automatically when you're editing), or you can right-click on a word and say
    'show javadoc'

    the great thing about it is that it works with any javadoc you have mounted,
    not just built in stuff.

    HTH

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Avraham

    Carl Howells Guest

    Andy Fish wrote:
    > most of the netbeans discussion is in comp.language.java.softwaretools
    >
    > IIRC you need to make sure you have the documentation mounted as a
    > filesystem. then go into the filesystem properties and select the
    > capabilities tab and and make sure you have 'use as documentation' set to
    > true.

    Also, uncheck all the other capabilities. Trust me, that helps prevent
    all kinds of stupid errors the IDE will throw at you otherwise, when it
    tries to compile those sources.
    Carl Howells, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Avraham

    Sean Aitken Guest

    At least in the newer versions, 3.6+, you can mount a javadoc folder and
    autocomplete will take care of the rest. Ctl-Space. Also, to view the
    full javadoc in your configured browser, try Shift-F1 while on a word.
    (perhaps it needs to be selected?)
    I know that for older versions, you had to mount the complete source.
    Also, to clarify, JavaDoc will be automatically created for any packages
    mounted in your filesystem.

    HTH!
    Cheers!
    -s-

    Sean Aitken, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Avraham

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Avraham wrote:
    > hello,
    > I wonder how CAN I see JAVA API CLASS (or interface) SPECIFICATIONS
    > while writing code with
    > Netbeans 3.6 IDE.

    Please don't shout. 'Shouting' is when you type things IN ALL CAPS that
    shouldn't be in captials and it is most alarming.
    Alex Hunsley, Oct 21, 2004
  7. Avraham

    IchBin Guest

    Alex Hunsley wrote:
    > Avraham wrote:
    >
    >> hello,
    >> I wonder how CAN I see JAVA API CLASS (or interface) SPECIFICATIONS
    >> while writing code with
    >> Netbeans 3.6 IDE.

    > Please don't shout. 'Shouting' is when you type things IN ALL CAPS that
    > shouldn't be in captials and it is most alarming.

    Just link to it like most of use or download the help information and
    link to it locally...

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin

    'Laughter is inner jogging'
    - Norman Cousins, editor and author (1915-1990)
    IchBin, Oct 21, 2004