New to NETBEANS - HELP

Avraham

hello,
I wonder how CAN I see JAVA API CLASS (or interface) SPECIFICATIONS
while writing code with
Netbeans 3.6 IDE.

With JCreator I would simply put the mouse-cursor on
any class name and press ^F1 and there you are, you see the API Specs
for that class (in JavaDod html format).

How can I do this with NETBEANS ??

Thanks
Avraham

Andy Fish

most of the netbeans discussion is in comp.language.java.softwaretools

IIRC you need to make sure you have the documentation mounted as a
filesystem. then go into the filesystem properties and select the
capabilities tab and and make sure you have 'use as documentation' set to
true.

then the javadoc should start popping up automatically with the
autocomplete/intellisense feature (control-space if it doesn't pop up
automatically when you're editing), or you can right-click on a word and say
'show javadoc'

the great thing about it is that it works with any javadoc you have mounted,
not just built in stuff.

HTH

Andy

Carl Howells

Andy said:
most of the netbeans discussion is in comp.language.java.softwaretools

IIRC you need to make sure you have the documentation mounted as a
filesystem. then go into the filesystem properties and select the
capabilities tab and and make sure you have 'use as documentation' set to
true.

Also, uncheck all the other capabilities. Trust me, that helps prevent
all kinds of stupid errors the IDE will throw at you otherwise, when it
tries to compile those sources.

Sean Aitken

At least in the newer versions, 3.6+, you can mount a javadoc folder and
autocomplete will take care of the rest. Ctl-Space. Also, to view the
full javadoc in your configured browser, try Shift-F1 while on a word.
(perhaps it needs to be selected?)
I know that for older versions, you had to mount the complete source.
Also, to clarify, JavaDoc will be automatically created for any packages
mounted in your filesystem.

HTH!
Cheers!
-s-

Alex Hunsley

Avraham said:
hello,
I wonder how CAN I see JAVA API CLASS (or interface) SPECIFICATIONS
while writing code with
Netbeans 3.6 IDE.

Please don't shout. 'Shouting' is when you type things IN ALL CAPS that
shouldn't be in captials and it is most alarming.

IchBin

Alex said:
Please don't shout. 'Shouting' is when you type things IN ALL CAPS that
shouldn't be in captials and it is most alarming.

Just link to it like most of use or download the help information and
link to it locally...

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin

'Laughter is inner jogging'
- Norman Cousins, editor and author (1915-1990)