New to Netbeans

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andre Arpin, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Andre Arpin

    Andre Arpin Guest

    I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:

    How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

    I am working from an existing applet from found on the web. Most of the code
    is really obvious except for the use of the letter f in rather unexpected
    places.

    http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-1998/beans/ColorFadeBar.html

    ex:
    if (x < (_iHpoints f 3))
    _iTextDirection = LEFT;
    else if (x > ((2 * _iHpoints) f 3))

    where iHpoints is an int. the Netbeans compiler object to this syntax is
    this old syntax that has been deprecated.

    How could I translate this code.

    Thanks in advance

    Andre

    Andre Arpin, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Andre Arpin

    Andre Arpin Guest

    "Andre Arpin" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to debug a simple applet using netbeans:
    >
    > How do I get the parameters that are read by getParameter initialized.

    edit the html file generated by netbeans in the same directory as the applet
    and
    add the param info in the applet tag
    ex:
    param TEXT="This is a test"