New to Ruby; Trying to use RMagick

Jake J.

Hey, guys. I am new to ruby, but need to move through using it quickly,
as I am doing an internship at my school that requires progress on my
current project. I need to start graphing numerical experiments quickly.
Starting with Gaussian functions.

I followed the instructions for installing RMagick and am interested in
the RVG library for graphing.

I attempted to run the first program from
http://www.imagemagick.org/RMagick/doc/rvgtut.html and get the error:

"D:\MyProjects\C++\Internship\ruby>ruby graph.rb
graph.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- rvg/rvg (LoadError)
from graph.rb:1"

I apologize for not knowing how to fix such a seemingly simple problem,
but what should I do to get this to run?

Aaron Patterson

Hey, guys. I am new to ruby, but need to move through using it
quickly,
as I am doing an internship at my school that requires progress on my
current project. I need to start graphing numerical experiments
quickly.
Starting with Gaussian functions.

I followed the instructions for installing RMagick and am interested
in
the RVG library for graphing.

I attempted to run the first program from
http://www.imagemagick.org/RMagick/doc/rvgtut.html and get the error:

"D:\MyProjects\C++\Internship\ruby>ruby graph.rb
graph.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- rvg/rvg (LoadError)
from graph.rb:1"

I apologize for not knowing how to fix such a seemingly simple
problem,
but what should I do to get this to run?

Did you require rubygems?

Jake J.

Aaron said:
Did you require rubygems?

Ah, that was something that I actually forgot I was supposed to do, but
read about in the past. Thanks!

James: Just start your ruby file with require 'rubygems'.