Rmagick on Mac

Vince Angeloni

I'm thinking of installing rmagick on my Mac. From what I've read, I'll
need to install X11 for rmagick to display images. I'd prefer to NOT
have to do this, so if I am not _displaying_ an image with rmagick, and
therefore not _needing_ X11 to do so, can I run rmagick without
installing X11 on the Mac? i.e., if I simply want to process an image
file and save it to disk without every displaying or viewing it?

Mac OS X 10.5.4, ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114)

tia

vince

Vince Angeloni

Frederick said:
Isn't X11 installed by default with leopard ?

Fred

If it is, I'm sure I did a custom install and chose not to install it...
there was nothing I was using that required it. But, I'd be surprised if
it is
part of the standard install, since most people wouldn't ever need it.

vince