    was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get started learning
    about python?? Any help would be very much welcomed because I have
    no idea what I'm doing.. Are there any good books out there?

    pearsoneric, Jun 26, 2004

  2. pearsoneric

    Chris S. Guest

    pearsoneric wrote:

    > I have never tried to program before but I'm starting a class and I
    > was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get started learning
    > about python?? Any help would be very much welcomed because I have
    > no idea what I'm doing.. Are there any good books out there?

    There are several good books, but the best place to start is
    www.python.org/doc

    Chris S., Jun 26, 2004

  3. pearsoneric

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Chris S. wrote:

    > pearsoneric wrote:
    >
    >> I have never tried to program before but I'm starting a class and I
    >> was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get started learning
    >> about python?? Any help would be very much welcomed because I have no
    >> idea what I'm doing.. Are there any good books out there?

    > There are several good books, but the best place to start is
    > www.python.org/doc

    Or, arguably, http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html, which is
    admittedly linked under the original page, or perhaps
    http://www.python.org/topics/learn/ which is linked under _it_
    (through "Beginner's Guide").

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jun 26, 2004
  4. pearsoneric

    altkey Guest

    pearsoneric wrote:

    > I have never tried to program before but I'm starting a class and I
    > was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get started learning
    > about python?? Any help would be very much welcomed because I have
    > no idea what I'm doing.. Are there any good books out there?

    The is a very good book for beginners called "The complete beginners guide
    to Python". It will teach you both about python and about programming. Get
    a copy from either your library or from a bookstore. I think it will help
    you a lot.

    cheers,
    Phil

    altkey, Jun 26, 2004