New User Help SynaptiCad

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Ivangray, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. Ivangray

    Ivangray Guest

    Hi,
    I'm a new user for work with a fpga components, I use ACTEL Fusion
    Starter KIT.
    I dont understand why this code dont work in SynaptiCAD when compile
    follow code :

    -- mytimer.vhd

    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all;

    entity mytimer_1 is
    port(
    clkin: in std_logic;
    reset: in std_logic;
    start: in std_logic;
    led_o: out std_logic
    );
    end mytimer_1;

    architecture behave of mytimer_1 is
    signal clkout: std_logic;
    signal led: std_logic;

    signal counter: std_logic_vector(2 downto 0);
    signal tempo: std_logic_vector(19 downto 0);

    begin
    led_o <= led;
    process(clkin) begin
    if(rising_edge(clkin)) then
    if(tempo = "00000000000000000000") then
    tempo <= "11110100001001000000";
    clkout <= '1';
    else
    tempo <= tempo -'1';
    clkout <= '0';
    end if;
    end if;
    end process;

    process(reset,start,clkout,counter) begin
    if(reset='0')then
    counter <= "000";
    led <= '1';
    else
    if(start='0')then
    led <= '0';
    counter <= "000";
    else
    if(rising_edge(clkout))then
    counter <= counter +'1';
    end if;
    if(counter > "101")then
    led <= '1';
    counter <= "000";
    end if;
    end if;
    end if;
    end process;
    end behave;

    Regards
    Ivano
    Ivangray, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Ivangray

    Andy Peters Guest

    Ivangray wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a new user for work with a fpga components, I use ACTEL Fusion
    > Starter KIT.
    > I dont understand why this code dont work in SynaptiCAD when compile
    > follow code :

    What do you mean by "dont (sic) work"?

    > -- mytimer.vhd
    >
    > library ieee;
    > use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    > use ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all;

    This might be your problem. maybe. But "dont work" isn't a reasonable
    description of what's going on.
    - a
    Andy Peters, Jan 8, 2007