newb: Can I use PYRO

johnny

What I want to do is the following:

Web user uploads a word doc (web app written in php), and I need it to
move the uploaded word
doc, on to another machine and conver it to pdf. Then update the
database and allow immediate pdf download. I am thinking of using ftp
from machine 1 -> machine 2, then convert doc to pdf on machine 2,
using process or thread. What is the best way to go about doing this,
process or threads or pyro? Pdf is created by calling commands on the
command line, through python script.

Thank you in advance.
John

Irmen de Jong

johnny said:
What I want to do is the following:

Web user uploads a word doc (web app written in php), and I need it to
move the uploaded word
doc, on to another machine and conver it to pdf. Then update the
database and allow immediate pdf download. I am thinking of using ftp
from machine 1 -> machine 2, then convert doc to pdf on machine 2,
using process or thread. What is the best way to go about doing this,
process or threads or pyro? Pdf is created by calling commands on the
command line, through python script.

Even though you are using Python on the machine that converts things to PDF,
you're stuck with PHP on the web server. You cannot use Pyro with PHP.

--Irmen