    ....the page delivered is always refreshed?

    Or does the browser display what's in the cache?

    Thanks in advance.

    xerj, Mar 6, 2004

  2. xerj

    Martha[MSFT] Guest

    The browser will display what is in cache unless you hit refresh.

    Martha[MSFT], Mar 6, 2004

  3. xerj

    xerj Guest

    Hmmm.

    Once again, a newbie question and I'm sorry if this isn't the place, but how
    do I make it so that a visitor to the site sees an updated page when they
    get there?

    For instance, I have my browser set to "Automatic", but for the site I have
    up, whenever I update it, I ALWAYS have to press refresh (or sometimes
    ctr-ref) for the new page to display. This happens even when I have the
    browser set to "Always Update".

    What am I doing wrong?

    xerj, Mar 6, 2004
  4. xerj

    Martha[MSFT] Guest

    What browser are you using? IE? If so, instead of setting it to
    "automatically" set it to "Every visit to the page" and it should get a
    fresh copy everytime you access the page. You probably already know it, but
    the setting I am talking about is
    Tools->InternetOptions->TemporaryInternetFiles(Click On "Settings").

    Hope this helps.

    Martha[MSFT], Mar 6, 2004
  5. xerj

    xerj Guest

    Yup, that's what I'm doing with IE, but even when I set it to "every visit",
    when I change a page at my site it still requires me to press refresh for
    the new page to come up.

    Anyway, I don't want to clog up this group with questions not about asp.net.
    I'll ask elsewhere. Thank you for the help, however.

    xerj, Mar 7, 2004