Newbie 2.0 Authentication question

GaryDean

I'm trying to use 2.0 forms authentication in a new web site. My book shows
how to set this up with the ASP.Net Web Site Administration Tool by going to
the Security tab and following the instructions there.

However, on this page I get an "Unable to connect to SQL Server database"
message. Checking further I'm told (by my book) that a SQL Server Express
database named AspNetDB.mdf is created automatically for me in my App_Data
folder - but it's not.

I'm not using SqlServer express as I am using SqlServer Developer edition.

So, how can I get the right database created to use 2.0 forms
authentication?

(Actually I would want the files in my application database if that's
possible).

Thanks,

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

use the aspnet_regsql tool from the command line - this will create the necessary
tables.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting.

Regarding on this issue, I've found your another duplicated one in the
following newsgroup:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

I've posted my reply there. Also, if you feel it convenient that that
continue to disucss in that thread, please feel free to post there.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security