deploy authentication 'forms'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Pablo Duart, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Pablo Duart

    Pablo Duart Guest

    good morning

    after many attempts I'm unable to deploy a site with the authentication mode
    'forms'

    I have a site with a sqlserver 2005 database called "test.mdf" that contains
    the data
    the security is handled by the usual "ASPNETDB.MDF" that contains the roles,
    user ... all the access/security stuff

    I try to deploy the site using xcopy and publish technic with no success

    here is what I tried :

    first to deploy the site, I copy the 2 mdf files on the server
    the database files are then attached to sqlserver using sqlserver management
    studio express
    after that I copy the site on th server, link it to IIS and so on ...
    I finally change the connectionstrings in the web.config to tell the site
    how to connect to the 2 databases on this server

    once the site installed, if I open the site in mode 'windows', everything
    is ok so the access to the test database
    but now if I use the mode 'forms' (the one I need to use), I simply can't
    login

    so I think something is missing to tell that the site access is managed by
    the ASPNETDB database ?

    so my question is certainly obvious but I am really without solution how to
    deploy the security config with the site itself

    thanks a lot

    Pablo Duart, Nov 20, 2006