    means.

    I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum or
    just read what I have put in?

    javatiger, Sep 7, 2004

  2. javatiger

    Paul Lalli Guest

    "javatiger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My server only allows 755 permissions I'm not sure exactly what it
    > means.
    >
    > I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum or
    > just read what I have put in?

    This really has absolutely nothing to do with Perl, and everything to do
    with your server's configuration. You should probably talk to your
    system administrator for assistance. In general, however, you would
    never want 'group' and 'world' to have full write permissions.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Sep 7, 2004

  3. javatiger wrote:
    > My server only allows 755 permissions I'm not sure exactly what it
    > means.
    >
    > I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum
    > or just read what I have put in?

    If the program running the forum is running as you, 755 is sufficient.
    (If the server does not allow 777, that's probably the case.)

    But, as Paul said, this is not the right place for discussing (or
    speculating about) it. Talk to your hosting provider.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 7, 2004