Newbie 777/ 755 only allowed on server

javatiger

My server only allows 755 permissions I'm not sure exactly what it
means.

I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum or
just read what I have put in?

Paul Lalli

javatiger said:
My server only allows 755 permissions I'm not sure exactly what it
means.

I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum or
just read what I have put in?

This really has absolutely nothing to do with Perl, and everything to do
with your server's configuration. You should probably talk to your
system administrator for assistance. In general, however, you would
never want 'group' and 'world' to have full write permissions.

Paul Lalli

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

javatiger said:
My server only allows 755 permissions I'm not sure exactly what it
means.

I want to setup a forum, will users be able to write to the fourum
or just read what I have put in?

If the program running the forum is running as you, 755 is sufficient.
(If the server does not allow 777, that's probably the case.)

But, as Paul said, this is not the right place for discussing (or
speculating about) it. Talk to your hosting provider.