Newbie, create a smart client help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by verci, May 11, 2007.

  1. verci

    verci Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm running VS2005 Team, SQL Server 2005, .net framework 2.0

    I've been asked to develop a small smart client that uses form based
    membership authentication and writes to only one sql server table, can
    anyone help me find an example or tutorial regarding this application. I'm
    farly new to web services and have not been able to find a clear, real world
    sample.

    After the login screen the user would be presented with a form that ask him
    for the values to be written to the database, with the basic functions add,
    delete, modify, the table would look something like this:

    Column
    Type

    PercentageID
    INTEGER
    NOT NULL

    Day
    DATETIME
    NOT NULL

    Percentage
    DECIMAL(5,2)
    NOT NULL

    Thanks in advanced

    verci, May 11, 2007

  2. On May 11, 8:44 pm, "verci" <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I'm running VS2005 Team, SQL Server 2005, .net framework 2.0
    >
    > I've been asked to develop a small smart client that uses form based
    > membership authentication and writes to only one sql server table, can
    > anyone help me find an example or tutorial regarding this application. I'm
    > farly new to web services and have not been able to find a clear, real world
    > sample.
    >
    > After the login screen the user would be presented with a form that ask him
    > for the values to be written to the database, with the basic functions add,
    > delete, modify, the table would look something like this:
    >
    > Column
    > Type
    >
    > PercentageID
    > INTEGER
    > NOT NULL
    >
    > Day
    > DATETIME
    > NOT NULL
    >
    > Percentage
    > DECIMAL(5,2)
    > NOT NULL
    >
    > Thanks in advanced

    1. a login screen
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=forms authentication asp.net

    2. a table with some fields
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gridview quickstart asp.net

    Hope it helps

    Alexey Smirnov, May 12, 2007

  3. verci

    verci Guest

    Hi Alexey, thanks for your quick answer.

    I have no problem building a winform application or a ASP.net application
    with this functionality, my doubts are regarding how to build a smart client
    application, what's the difference?, what steps should I follow?, any sample
    or link would be very appreciated

    Thanks

    verci, May 13, 2007
  4. On May 13, 9:57 pm, "verci" <> wrote:
    > Hi Alexey, thanks for your quick answer.
    >
    > I have no problem building a winform application or a ASP.net application
    > with this functionality, my doubts are regarding how to build a smart client
    > application, what's the difference?, what steps should I follow?, any sample
    > or link would be very appreciated
    >
    > Thanks

    Actually, I thought, posting to this group would be about ASP.NET :)
    A real smart client is more related to WinForms...

    I've found a couple of examples that might help

    http://www.codeproject.com/smartclient/smartclientsoa.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/DotNetBuildSmClnts.asp

    Alexey Smirnov, May 13, 2007
  5. verci