    Does it matter where they go as long as they are contained in the head
    section, or in what order "description" followed by "keywords"?

    Thanks
    ferronni, Jun 26, 2003

  2. ferronni

    brucie Guest

    In post <bdfgps$ldo$>
    ferronni said...

    > Are there limits, preferred amounts, min , max of keywords?
    >
    > Similarly for the descritpion tag, what lenght should it ideally be?
    >
    > Does it matter where they go as long as they are contained in the head
    > section, or in what order "description" followed by "keywords"?

    Death Of A Meta Tag
    http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/02/10-meta.html
    http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/02/12-meta.html
    http://www.searchengineguide.com/whalen/2002/1004_jw1.html

    http://spiderfood.net/
    http://www.selfpromotion.com/
    http://www.searchenginewatch.com/

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 27/June/2003 05:58:49 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jun 26, 2003

  3. ferronni

    ferronni Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message

    <useful advice snipped>

    Thanks for the info.

    Only last week however I attended a seminar on web design for small
    businesses in the UK orgainised by the local Chamber of Commerce where they
    were extolling the virtues of defining your keywords and making sure that
    you had them. I presume the people talking were IT experts - Is it just
    ignorance that they would not know or be aware of changing criteria for the
    spider bots?
    ferronni, Jun 28, 2003
  4. ferronni

    ferronni Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote in message
    > ferronni wrote:
    > > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <useful advice snipped>
    > >
    > > Thanks for the info.
    > >
    > > Only last week however I attended a seminar on web design for small
    > > businesses in the UK orgainised by the local Chamber of Commerce
    > > where they were extolling the virtues of defining your keywords and
    > > making sure that you had them. I presume the people talking were IT
    > > experts - Is it just ignorance that they would not know or be aware
    > > of changing criteria for the spider bots?

    > It is a fatal combination - ignorance *and* the Chamber of Commerce. The
    > keywords meta tag has been of little significance for some considerable

    time
    > now - any seminar presenter whose knowledge had been updated within the

    last
    > 12 months would have been aware of that.
    >
    > I know, since my company has been asked by a number of Chambers of

    Commerce
    > to tender to provide training/seminars/workshops, that the economics make

    it
    > impossible (that's not hyperbole) to provide even low quality training
    > within the Chamber of Commerce budgets. Pay peanuts... and get a

    self-styled
    > "web wizard". I know one such Chamber of Commerce web marketing presenter
    > who doesn't have a web site of his own - do I need to say more?

    thanks for confirming my suspicions!
    ferronni, Jun 28, 2003