NEWBIE - Learning how to pull SQL not in Grid or Details view

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Phillip Vong, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Phillip Vong

    Phillip Vong Guest

    Sorry if this is a stupid question.

    I'm learning with Visual Web Developer 2005.

    I've read and watched many videos on how to connect to SQL and getting the
    information in details view and grid view. Can someone point me in the
    right directions on where I might be able to learn how to pull only certain
    information out and putting them where I want? Books, sites or videos?

    ex.

    Search person: {textBox1} where people would put in name.

    nambeLABEL: {namefromSQL table 1}

    Acct#: {acct#fromSQL table 2} of course table 1 & 2 will already know each
    other.

    Basically, I want to learn how to minipulate the data cell by cell and not
    in the details or grid view format.

    Thanks

    Newbie

    Phillip Vong, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Phillip Vong

    Paul Zanbaka Guest

    If you already have connection established you can click on Databse Explorer
    Go to your connection and Drag the table you want
    VWD creates a grid view for you

    Paul Zanbaka
    www.mycodekb.com

    Paul Zanbaka, Feb 24, 2006