Newbie needs a kick

ACE FAN

Hi,

How do I have a link in one frame that shows a webform in another
frame? I am having trouble locating tutorials or help on this.

Thanks.

Curt

Scott M.

Each frame must be "named". Then in your hyperlink, you need to specify
which frame you want the link's content to show in by adding
TARGET="frameName" to the hyperlink.

Curt tabor

Thanks for responding. I've got 2 frames. One has a webform in it with
a linkbutton on it that I want to use to invoke a webform in the other
frame. Can you give me a quick example of how to do this? It's just not
making sense yet.

Thank you.

Curt

Scott M.

The HTML for your FrameSet looks something like this:

<FrameSet Cols="25%,*">
<FRAME SRC="someFile" NAME="left">
<FRAME SRC="someOtherFile" NAME="right">
</FrameSet>

See that each frame has a name?

Now, in the hyperlinks that are in the someFile document add, TARGET="right"
to the <A> tag to have the link open in the right frame.

Curt tabor

Thanks. I got this working. I was hoping there was a way to do this in
the C# code in the .cs file. I'm one of these guys who has been
programming Win32 for years but have not done a lot of web stuff. I
appreciate your time.

Scott M.

Well, just remember that certain tasks are best suited for the client and
certain tasks are best suited for the server. Targeting a client-side click
to a client-side window frame is best suited for client-side work.