Newbie, pulling a video from another web page

xdude

Hi guys, sorry if this seems stupid

I'm running asp .net 2.0, I'm trying to pull a video that's displayed in
another web page so I can display it in my page, does any one have an idea
on how to do this?

Best regards

Mark Fitzpatrick

Best way is to look at the source of the page to determine where it is
pulling the video. Just keep in mind, if the video is copywrited then this
is definitely in the illegal category to pull from another site. Also, it
annoys other sites when someone starts playing videos that they host without
permission as it eats into their bandwidth (whcih can cost them money).

You could use a screen-scraping system to determine the url of the video
being played, but this is more time consuming and usually just looking at
their code is the smartest way to figure it out. Of course, there are ways
that they can hide the full url and if it's a flash animation video you'll
have to find a utility that will let you open the url and save it without
attempting to load a flash player.