    with ASPX

    TIA.

    , Jan 31, 2007

  2. C# is server-side only language. On client side you have javascript.

    Ajax technology provides what you need.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 31, 2007

  3. What you need is Ajax. See http://ajax.asp.net/

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Software Composer
    http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

    The shortest distance between 2 points is a curve.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Hi,

    Eliyahu Goldin wrote:
    > C# is server-side only language. On client side you have javascript.

    That's not true anymore ;-) WPF is client-side, and you can definitely
    program XBAPs in C#.

    And in May, we should get WPF/E, where it's going to be possible to run
    controls written in XAML/C# (and also JavaScript) integrated in a
    webpage on the client.

    > Ajax technology provides what you need.

    That's probably true :)

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]

    Laurent Bugnion [MVP], Jan 31, 2007
  6. Hi,

    wrote:
    > I am using C#, and woud like to know if it is possible for me to write
    > Client-Side code with C#?
    >
    > Can't really find any good examples in the web, all are using
    > javascript only.
    >
    > What I need to do is very simple, at the client side, connect to an
    > application in the server, retrieve some info and update a html
    > control without refreshing the whole page.
    >
    > I can do that with Java Applet, but can't figure out how to do this
    > with ASPX
    >
    > TIA.

    You may want to take a look at Nikhil Kothari's Script#. Caveat: I never
    used it (I prefer to write my scripts myself), so I cannot tell you if
    it's really good, but it looks promising for people who don't know
    JavaScript.
    http://www.nikhilk.net/ScriptSharpIntro.aspx

    Greetings,
    Laurent