    #!/usr/bin/perl

    I'm newbie, I just start to learn perl

    Thanks

    Wesley Tam, Aug 14, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    (Wesley Tam) wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > What is the different between ??
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    > and
    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    >

    > I'm newbie, I just start to learn perl
    >
    > Thanks

    type:

    perldoc perlrun

    at your command line.

    it's all in there...

    --
    Michael Budash

    Michael Budash, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Wesley Tam wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > What is the different between ??
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    > and
    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    >
    > I'm newbie, I just start to learn perl
    >
    > Thanks

    You might want to learn posting rules also.
    Re: Newbie question !! is not a good subject.
    Use something more descriptive.

    Mike

    Mike Flannigan, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Mike Flannigan <> wrote:
    > Wesley Tam wrote:

    >> I'm newbie, I just start to learn perl

    > Re: Newbie question !! is not a good subject.

    It is worse than "not good".

    This subject hit 2 of my (negative) scoring rules, making it "invisible".

    % red flag subjects
    Score:: -5000
    Subject: urgent
    Subject: newbie
    Subject: please read
    Subject: ^looking for
    Subject: perl (problem|question)
    Subject: perl (script|program) (problem|question)

    % foolish subjects
    Score:: -9000
    Subject: ^perl$
    Subject: ^Re: \c[^a-z]*$
    Subject: ^help!?$
    Subject: ^question!?$
    Subject: ^perl question!?$
    Subject: (none)
    Subject: no subject
    Subject: ^$

    I have "newbie" scored down, but these ones are scored *up* :

    % interesting subjects
    Score:: 9000
    Subject: learning
    Subject: beginner