Newbie questions regarding WebSphere and Eclipse

Default User

Hi there. I have a few newbie questions. My employer has chosen to use IBM
WebSphere Application Server to deploy apps on. As one of my first steps in
learning Java/J2EE I need to choose and IDE. Some of the questions I can't
figure out are:
Since WSAD (WebSphere Application Developer Studio) is very expensive but
based off Eclipse, is it true to say that Eclipse could suffice as an IDE
when applications will be deployed on WebSphere Application Server?
Would a plugin such as MyEclipse Workbench make developing with Eclipse
and deploying to WebSphere easier?
Say an application was developed in WSAD, could that application be opened
in Eclipse, edited and redeployed to WebSpehere Applciaton Server and
vice-versa?
What's your opionion? Save the thousands or does WSAD make that much of a
diference?

Thanks :)