Newbie - Search script - help please

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Thierry B., Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Thierry B.

    Thierry B. Guest

    Hello,

    I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.
    I explain what I want doing.

    Here is my file ref.txt:

    A01 /ref/a01.pdf
    A02 /ref/a02.pdf
    A03 /ref/a03.pdf
    etc..

    When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
    windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).

    Could anyone help me please?

    Best regards,

    Thierry
    Thierry B., Nov 18, 2004

  2. Thierry B.

    kaeli Guest

    In article <>,
    enlightened us with...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a newbie and I want writing a perl script.

    Congrats. This is a javascript group.
    comp.lang.perl is over there.
    ==============>

    > I explain what I want doing.
    >
    > Here is my file ref.txt:
    >
    > A01 /ref/a01.pdf
    > A02 /ref/a02.pdf
    > A03 /ref/a03.pdf
    > etc..
    >
    > When you enter A01 in the html search page the script open a new
    > windows with the coresponding pdf file (/ref/a01.pdf).

    So make your form target a new window with the perl script as the action.
    Pure HTML for that. The perl script handles a forward to the proper document
    based on form values sent.

    None of this has anything to do with javascript.

    ~kaeli~
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than
    standing in a garage makes you a car.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Nov 18, 2004